You have probably tried to stand in front of multiple radiators while letting out a little sigh looking at the task ahead of you. You need to get the hydronic balancing right for the whole system, and each radiator needs the right calculation done to get the correct pre-setting value. If the flow of water is not distributed evenly, customers might call back with complaints on noise from the radiators or cold rooms that never see much heat.
Hydronic balancing is becoming increasingly important these days, because it boosts energy efficiency and comfort in peoples' homes. We have tried to make it a lot easier for you to get the job done with the Danfoss Eco™ electronic radiator thermostat.
This thermostat is intelligent, and it automatically adjusts the distribution of flow correctly in the entire system of radiators. You don't have to do any calculations, the Danfoss Eco™ does it for you thanks to two temperature sensors measuring temperature changes very precisely on air and water. The algorithm takes this information and adjusts the level of flow according to the temperature development in the room.
The auto-balancing feature in Danfoss Eco™ is designed to work in single-family buildings and in dwellings in multifamily buildings. If you are working in a multifamily building, you need to control the pressure fluctuations. You can do that by pairing the Danfoss Eco™ with either a Danfoss Dynamic Valve™ (max differential pressure 60 kPa) on the radiators, or a differential pressure control valve like ASV or AB-PM (if differential pressure is between 60-400 kPa) in the basement or in front of each flat to get optimal hydronic balancing.
You can learn more about how the Danfoss Eco™ works by signing up to our advanced hydronic balancing package that launches later this fall.
See product information about the Danfoss Eco™ here.
• Danfoss Eco™ is a stand-alone smart radiator thermostat that gives you easy in-home control of each individual radiator.
• Danfoss Eco™ thermostat works with Bluetooth®technology, which means that you can now control your radiators from your smartphone, using the App. If you prefer to adjust your Danfoss Eco™ thermostat manually, you can also use the turn wheel to set the desired temperature.
• Danfoss Eco App™ allows for wireless temperature control of radiators within 10 m distance. The app holds features like weekly scheduling, vacation planning and home/away functions.
• Data protection between your smartphone and the Danfoss Eco™ is ensured with the highest level of security by continuously monitoring and improving our technical and organizational security measures.
• Automatic updates make ensures that the Danfoss Eco™ thermostat software is always update to date with the latest features.
• Up to 30% energy savings with advanced heating control software
• Low noise level <30dB
• Open window detection notices sudden drops in temperature and turns off the thermostat while the window is open in up to 30 min. The thermostat turns on the heating again when the window is closed.
• Automatic movement of the valve once a week to prevent sticky valves
Floor heating faces the same troubles if the circuits are not probably balanced - poor comfort, inefficient use of energy and unsatisfied customers.
The solution is just as simple as for radiators. The Danfoss Icon™ control system combines excellent design with installer ease. The intelligence in the Danfoss Icon™ room control and the master controller takes care of the balancing automatically for you. You don’t have to do any calculations yourself or adjust the valves on the manifold, simply let the intelligent control system do the work for you.
You can learn more about how the Danfoss Icon™ system works by signing up to our advanced hydronic balancing package that launches later this fall. See product information about the Danfoss Icon™ system here.
With Danfoss Icon™ you get an advanced control system containing different room thermostats, master controllers, expansion modules and accessories. There are 3 system options:
• 24 volt
• 230 volt
The 24 volt and wireless system share the same Master Controller. An optional Radio Module turns it into a wireless system. Both wireless and wired (24 volt powerline communication) can be used in the same system.
The Expansion Module add technical features and functionalities, especially for cooling applications. The App module allows remote control and scheduling via the Danfoss Icon™ TM App.
The room thermostats look like a light switch and blend in with any interior. The in-wall models even fit into compatible switch frames from manufacturers such as Busch-Jaeger, Gira, Berker and Merten, to allow a perfect design match between the thermostat, light switches and electrical sockets.
Room thermostats that blend in with any interior: The room thermostats are designed to blend in with any interior and is compatible with most common switch frames. When not in use, the display turns off and becomes virtually invisible.
Build into a switch frame: For the perfect match between room thermostat, light switch and power sockets, the frame can be exchanged for a popular frame from one of the switch frame manufacturers.
Advanced functionalities: The master controllers have a modular concept, allowing expansion of the technical features and system operation. Some of these are; Demand based supply temperature control, several pre-defined cooling applications and corresponding extended commissioning tests to ensure the system works correctly.
Wired or wireless operation, also in the same system: Due to the optional Radio Module, a 24 volt Master Controller can also be used for wireless operation. It is possible to combine 24 volt wired powerline communication room thermostats and wireless room thermostats in the same system.
Remote operation via Danfoss Icon™ App: With the optional App module in place, the system can be operated with the Danfoss Icon™ app. Times and temperatures can be adjusted or scheduled from any Apple or Android mobile device.